I assume that you like playing tower defense games
, just like me. Have you ever been in this situation: you began playing some time ago, you start the current wave to see all your towers fire away, yet a few of the enemies still make it to your base, with only a little life spared, but just enough to make all your previous efforts useless? Oho, especially if your base did not have enough hit points left and you have to start all over again, I know how that feels!
Well, bellow I'll write some tips to help you manage the situation and win more tower defense games. There are differences from game to game, but the advise you will receive is intended to be general.
- Put the towers with short range (usually the ones you afford at the beginning or some powerful, but short-ranged, ones) as close as possible to the turning points in the maze. This way they will keep firing for a longer time.
- Put the long-ranged towers towards the middle of the map. Consider that most of the times their range will increase when upgrading them! This way you will cover much more of the path the enemy walks on.
- Use towers with slowing effects! It's best to put them before groups of towers which will inflict massive damage.
- If you know that you'll deal with self healing enemies don't scatter your towers to much. You don't want them to have time to regain their health.
- If there are poison towers, they belong to the beginning of the maze, and at precalculated intervals (to poison the enemy again when the effect wears off).
- Upgrades: you have to figure it out while playing which towers are really worth upgrading. I.e. upgrading a slow tower might be more beneficial for your defense (and cheaper) than upgrading the whole group of towers behind it. Anyway, on small maps and towards the end of the game, you will be forced to go for quality over quantity (especially if the enemy has armor!).
- In some tower defense games, some enemies are more susceptible to damage from certain towers. Find out which, if the case, and use it against them!
A great place to apply these tips and to start winning right now is this: New Tower Defense Games
. There are over 100 tower defense games and new ones are added frequently. It's where I play;)
I love playing games very much and therefore started the Fresh Free Online Games